Road Accident Victims to Get Cashless Treatment Under PM Relief Scheme

Cashless Medical Treatment for Road Accident Victims Announced

Road Accident Victims to Get Cashless Treatment Under PM Relief Scheme: The government on Saturday launched the ‘PM Relief’ scheme to provide an emergency response system to road accident victims. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways said in a statement that road accidents cause a large number of deaths every year in India, many of which could have been prevented if timely medical care had been provided. Citing a study, the ministry said that about 50% of road accident deaths could be prevented if the victims were admitted to a hospital within the first hour of a road accident.

PM Modi’s first decision after shifting to Seva Tirtha:
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways said on Saturday, “In his first decision after shifting the Prime Minister’s Office to the Seva Tirtha building, Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the launch of the ‘PM Rahat’ (Hospitalization and Assured Treatment for Road Accident Victims) Scheme. This scheme reflects the government’s vision of prioritizing service, compassion, and protection for vulnerable citizens.” According to the ministry, under this scheme, eligible road accident victims will receive cashless treatment up to ₹1.5 lakh, valid for the next seven days from the date of the accident.

Calling 112 will provide information about the nearest hospital and ambulance: The ministry said that under the scheme, first aid will be available for 48 hours in serious cases and for 24 hours in non-serious cases. According to an official statement from the ministry, accident victims, passersby, or anyone present at the scene can call 112 to get information about the nearest hospital and ambulance. This ensures faster coordination between emergency teams, police, and hospitals.

ALSO READ: ₹5,000 a Month in Post Office RD: See What 5 Years Can Build

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *